Thursday, May 7, 2009

Thursday, May7th

We learned about the letter Y with its sound. The children practiced writing it.

With Mother’s Day coming up on Sunday, we talked about Mothers and what they do for us. I wrote down their answers to the following questions:

What is your favorite thing to do with your mother?
Cameron – “play with her”
Renée – “watch videos”
Sydney – “when mom helps me swing”
Gavin – “helps me with homework”
Ava – “cook with her”
Tyler – “play with her”

Of all the things your mother does for you, what do you like the most?
Cameron – “sets up my bed”
Renée – “cleans the downstairs”
Sydney – “making my bed”
Gavin – “helps me with homework”
Ava – “makes me cookies”
Tyler – “plays with me”

What do you do for your mother?
Cameron – “help clean the dishes”
Renée – “I tell mom when Carter wakes up”
Sydney – “help mom do dishes”
Gavin – “helps vacuum”
Ava – “help get Nolan to bed”
Tyler – “make my bed”

What is your mother’s favorite thing to wear?
Cameron – “clothes”
Renée – “summer clothes”
Sydney – “her flower shirt”
Gavin – “a dress”
Ava – “a dress”
Tyler – “pajamas”

What color is your mother’s hair?
Cameron – “I don’t know”
Renée – “brown”
Sydney – “brown”
Gavin – “brown”
Ava – “red”
Tyler – “gray”

What color are your mother’s eyes?
Cameron – “I don’t know”
Renée – “blue”
Sydney – “blue”
Gavin – “blue”
Ava – “I don’t know”
Tyler – “brown”

Do you think your mother works hard?
They all said “yes”!

What could you do to help your mom?
Cameron – “bath time”
Renée – “help make valentines”
Sydney – “help mom chose which clothes to wear”
Gavin – “teach preschool”
Ava – “dishes”
Tyler – “clean the dishes”

We also made our mothers a Mother’s Day card and a Mother’s day gift.

No comments: